• Dumas House

    Dumas House in West Perth was constructed in the mid 1960s and is Heritage Council of WA listed. The building has two basement levels, a ground floor with entry lobby and support areas, and 14 office accommodation levels.

    Originally called “Government Building”, the building was named Dumas House in February 1978 in honour of Sir Russell Dumas, Director of Works and Buildings for the Public Works Department between 1941 and 1953.

    Traditionally one of Perth’s largest Government office buildings, Dumas House has been given a new lease of life with a major refurbishment.

    The new Dumas House joins Albert Facey House and Gordon Stephenson House at 140 William Street in providing a large component of the government office space in the city area.

    The refurbished office space houses the Public Sector Commission, the Department of Premier and Cabinet, and most Government ministers, providing them with a working environment to contemporary standards.

    The refurbishment includes modifications and fitout of the basement levels, the ground floor lobby and 13 of the 14 office levels. The entry facade and foyer was also upgraded to improve their functionality.

    The upgrade of the building includes a new fire sprinkler system, hydrant system and electrical generator, and other compliance changes to meet new codes and standards.

    The Department of Finance’s Building Management and Works business managed the project and completed the refurbishment, and is undertaking the building's ongoing management.

    The refurbishment of Dumas House is part of the Government Office Accommodation Master Plan that aims to co-locate agencies where possible into precincts in the CBD and CBD fringe, and move other agencies out to metropolitan activity centres. This will improve public access to Government services and achieve better value in leasing and operational costs.

     

    Dumas House May 2012