Department of Finance

First Home Owner Grant
and Duty Concession

Eligible first home buyers may be able to receive a grant towards the purchase of a new home.

A duty concession may also be available for eligible first home buyers on a contract to purchase a new or established home or vacant land.

See the details below to see if you qualify.

about the grant
  • How much is the grant?
  • What is the cap on the value of the home?
  • Am I eligible?
residence requirements
  • Moving in
  • Residence period
  • Change in my circumstances
payment and rate
  • How and when will I be paid?
  • What is the first home owner rate of duty?
your application
  • How do I apply?
  • Documentation required to support my application
  • What are my obligations and responsibilities?

FAQs | FHOG Guide | Application Status


Help Videos
  • Register to attend webinars and face-to-face training sessions
  • Subscribe to eNews

All contents © Copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.