Public Utilities Office
Are you interested in working in a fast paced, professional policy environment, providing high quality advice to government on the utility sectors, with an initial focus on energy?
As a Public Utilities Office graduate you will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of policies and programs aimed at growing and developing the utility sectors, where the Government has already invested over $20 billion, while balancing the needs of consumers and businesses in the provision of essential services.
What can I expect, what does the PUO have to offer?
- Involvement in legislation and policy development and review for the utility sectors.
- Develop program and project management skills through practical application and formal training.
- Opportunities to build on tertiary education through the development of corporate knowledge and professional skills.
- Develop strong networks by working across government.
What are the benefits?
- Comprehensive technical and professional training.
- Opportunity to work in a newly created office within a refurbished building in the heart of the CBD with direct access to public transport.
- Supportive and flexible work environment.
- Opportunities to work as part of a dynamic team whilst also having the opportunity to manage your own projects and tasks.
What are the opportunities for advancement?
Department of Finance is a rapidly expanding organisation and the opportunity for career advancement within the department is strong.
After completion of the graduate year, graduates are typically eligible to apply for promotion opportunities throughout the Department.