Legislation and codes
The Minister for Energy is responsible for administering the following legislation in Western Australia. The Coordinator of Energy supports the Minister in this role.
The following Codes were established under the Electricity Industry Act 2004, which have the force of law in WA.
- Code of Conduct for the Supply of Electricity to Small Use Customers
- Electricity Industry Customer Transfer Code
- Electricity Industry Metering Code
- Electricity Industry (Network Reliability and Quality of Supply) Code
- Electricity Networks Access Code
WA’s independent economic regulator, the Economic Regulation Authority, has established the following gas industry-related Codes under the Energy Coordination Act 2004:
- Compendium of Gas Customer Licence Obligations (also known as the Gas Customer Code)
- Gas Marketing Code of Conduct
The Coordinator of Energy provides policy advice to the Minister for Energy in relation to the operation and amendment of electricity and gas codes in WA.
Other energy industry-related legislation administered by ministers other than the Minister for Energy can be searched for on the State Law Publisher’s website.