2014 Graduate Program
Applications open Monday 11 March 2013.
Instructions on how to apply will be uploaded Monday 11 March 2013. Refer to key dates page for interview dates.
The Department of Finance has a diverse portfolio and leads the Government’s change management agenda for procurement, corporate services, building management and works, the collection of duties and taxes and administration of grants and subsidies.
The 2014 Graduate Program has the following graduate opportunities:
- Up to ten positions in Government Procurement
Preferred Degree: Business, Commerce, Law and Arts
- Up to five positions in Building Management and Works
Preferred Degrees: Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Property, Urban Planning, Construction, Law and Commerce
- Up to three positions in the Public Utilities Office
Preferred Degrees: Economics, Commerce, Business, Finance, Legal, Engineering
Why should you apply?
Our graduate’s enjoy many first-rate benefits:
- Starting salary of $62,894 p.a. plus superannuation
- Generous leave options which people use for study, extended overseas trips, etc
- Minimum of 12 days training specifically tailored for Graduates
- Support network through our Supervisor and Buddy system
- Career development support meeting with Sourcing and Development Consultant
- Post-graduate study opportunities, time/funding towards attaining professional qualifications (e.g. CPA & CA), and access to leadership development programs.
Graduate prospects - what happens after the graduate year?
Unlike many other programs we offer graduates permanency with a 12 month probation period.
Our top graduate performers are typically promoted in 12 to18 months.
At the end of your graduate year, you can start applying for merit-based promotions - we even organise job application training.
Who are we looking for?
To apply for the 2014 Graduate Program, you need:
- A high standard of academic achievement
- Australia citizenship or permanent residency
- To have completed a degree in 2012 or later
In the application process you will be also be assessed on these skills and attributes:
- Research skills
- Written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrate institutive and ability to work within a team environment.
Information on how to apply will be uploaded Monday March 11 2013
Failure to follow the instructions on how to apply that are detailed in the documents that will be uploaded 11 March 2013, may result in applicants not being eligible for interview.
The personal side
Our commitment to flexible working arrangements allows graduates to achieve their lifestyle goals, meet sporting commitments and pursue their travel dreams. While we pride ourselves on our professional approach to the work we do, we know that work is only one aspect of living life.