Building Management and Works (BMW) assists agencies with their asset planning to ensure projects are well-planned, and manages the delivery of building and office fitout projects in accordance with the whole-of-Government requirements and procurement policies.
BMW's key responsibilities include:
- maintaining effective relationships with agencies and assisting them with their asset planning needs
- playing a lead role in the project management and delivery of all public building works on behalf of agencies within a whole of government framework
- managing the planning and development of significant capital projects and special land projects on behalf of Government and agencies
- managing the delivery of Government-owned and leased office fitout for agencies.
Current initiatives include:
- application of a strong project management famework
- development of clear business cases for each project
- identifying across-agency opportunities related to projects and promote a whole-of-Government approach to procurement
- developing various procurement strategies for delivering of capital works
- playing a lead role in the project delivery management of capital works to ensure consistent application of Government policies and procedures.
BMW manages a range of non-residential building projects including hospitals and medical facilities, schools and TAFE colleges, police stations, fire stations and State Emergency Service bases, sports facilities, cultural venues and a range of other building types.
Capital Works Projects Signage Style Guide
Download a PDF copy of the Building WA Capital Works Projects Signage Style Guide from the Publications page .
Builders Information Pack
Access PDF and Microsoft Word copies of the Builders Information Pack – Builders Prequalification Scheme for Works Contracts, and associated information, on the Building Contracting Services page.
New Government Buildings
Open the presentation Capital Projects >$10 million for 2009-2013 by Tony Budrovich, Director Planning and Delivery, for detailed information on BMW capital works spending, works program and featured projects. (PDF 649 kB).