• Duties Online Services

    The Online Services Portal is a free, secure portal that replaces the need to lodge transactions, make payments, or collect endorsed transaction records in person. It allows you to upload scanned copies of transaction records for duty assessment.

    The Online Services Portal is primarily designed for use by members of the public, eligible agents who don't frequently lodge duties transactions, and persons lodging complex duties transactions and determinations such as landholder acquisitions and connected entity exemption requests.

    As of 1 January 2019, an additional 7% foreign buyers duty will be imposed on the dutiable value for certain transactions and landholder acquisitions involving foreign persons or entities acquiring residential property in Western Australia. All transactions executed on or after this date must include a completed Foreign Buyers Duty Declaration Form.

    The Online Services Portal allows you to:

    • electronically lodge transactions for assessment of duty, including general transfer duty matters and complex dealings
    • be notified by email about the issue of assessments and requisition notices which can be accessed from your Online Services account
    • respond to requisition notices
    • print a certificate of duty endorsement
    • request a reassessment and refund (where applicable) including for cancelled transactions, first home owner rate and residential rate concessions

    To use the portal, you must agree to the Terms of Use


    Duties Online Services
    Portal User Guide

    Online Services Portal


    Register or
    Log In

    Please note: If you are an eligible agent, you should use Online Duties to self-assess approved transactions and lodge non-approved transactions for assessment.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Administration | Lodgments | Assessments, Correspondence and Payment | Endorsement | Reassessments and Refunds



    Do I need a trust account to register and use the Duties Online Services portal?

    No. You can use any account when you use the portal.

      I am an employee of a business who lodges transactions on behalf of clients. How do I indicate that I am a lodging party only (not self-representing)?

    When you first log into your Duties Online Services account, you will be given the opportunity to indicate whether you are lodging on behalf of yourself or a business (lodging party). Please refer to the user guide for further details on how to complete this. 

    To change your registration type at a later date, you must contact State Revenue.

    Back to top


    Can I lodge a transaction that is approved for self-assessment?

    All duty transactions can be lodged electronically using the portal.

    If a transaction approved for self-assessment in Online Duties is lodged though the portal, it will be assessed in date order of receipt together with all other lodgments.

    What documents do I need to lodge?

    You must upload the dutiable transaction record (for example, a contract for sale), together with any of the relevant Duties Information Requirements and forms to support the assessment of duty.

    If you have not lodged all the information required to make the assessment, a Requisition notice will be issued to your Duties Online Services account requesting that you upload the required information.

    How can I upload a file larger than 10MB?

    You can scan and split large files into smaller sizes for uploading, ensuring they are labelled in sequential order.

    What do I do if I make a mistake in the lodgment data?

    You can lodge a duties web enquiry with details of the error and we will correct the information for you.

    Can I add another transaction to an existing lodgment?

    You should only lodge one transaction at a time unless the transactions are related to each other, such as when aggregation of transactions is required to be considered.

    Once a transaction has been lodged, another transaction cannot be added to the existing lodgment. To lodge another (unrelated) transaction, you should lodge a new transaction which will assign a new bundle ID to the transaction.

    You can provide further information or additional supporting documents at any time by submitting a duties web enquiry.

    Can I pre-pay the estimated duty payable when I lodge my transaction?

    No. Payment should only be made after you have been issued a duties assessment notice.

      How do I know the current status of my transaction?

    You will receive an email notification following certain events relating to your lodgment, such as when an assessment or requisition notice is issued. Once you receive your email notification, you will need to log into your Duties Online Services account to view the notice.

    I lodged a transaction in the Duties Online Services portal on behalf of a client but I no longer represent the client. How do I notify State Revenue that a change of agent has occurred?

    You can notify State Revenue that another agent is now acting for the client by selecting the ‘Change of agent’ facility in the ‘Administrative requests’ panel within your Duties Online Services account.

    I have lodged my transaction but it is no longer proceeding. What should I do?

    If the transaction you have lodged is no longer proceeding and qualifies for an exemption, select ‘Request a reassessment’ in the ‘Administrative requests’ panel and upload the relevant cancellation form. You will receive a notification once the transaction has been cancelled.

    My agent has already lodged this transaction with State Revenue. How do I withdraw the lodgment I made?

    Where the transaction you have lodged has already been lodged under another bundle ID, you can request to have the duplicate lodgment withdrawn. Select the ‘Withdraw duplicate assessment’ facility in the ‘Administrative requests’ panel and upload the relevant cancellation form.

    An employee lodged a transaction in the portal on behalf of our business, but they no longer work here. How do I notify State Revenue?

    You will need to contact State Revenue and provide your client ID and proof of identity to remove an account previously registered against your business.

    I am a vehicle dealership. How can I lodge change of use forms?

    Vehicle licence duty reassessment requests, including notifying State Revenue that a change in use of vehicle has occurred, can be made by selecting ‘Vehicle licence duty’ in the ‘Administrative requests’ panel. All correspondence will be delivered through your Duties Online Services account.

    Back to top

    Assessments, Correspondence and Payment

    How do I know if an assessment has been issued?

    An email notification will be sent to you advising that a duties assessment notice has been issued. Log in to the portal to retrieve the notice (in .pdf format).

    How do I pay my assessment notice when I receive it?

    See information about payment options.

    I have received an email advising that a duties requisition notice has been issued. How do I view this and submit a reply?

    Duties requisition notices will be displayed under the notifications menu in your Duties Online Services account. Select the relevant notification and click ‘view’ to open the notice. Select ‘respond’ to upload your response and supporting documentation.

      How do I request a review of the duties assessment?

    If you believe there is an error with the duties assessment, you can contact the assessor by submitting a duties web enquiry detailing the reasons why you are requesting a review of the assessment.

    How do I lodge an objection to a duties assessment?

    Please see the information on the Objection and Review page on our website.

    How do I find a requisition or assessment notice I have previously downloaded?

    The requisition or assessment notice notification will no longer be visible once the document has been downloaded. However, these documents are still accessible from your Event Log.

    Back to top


    What is a certificate of duty and what do I do with it?

    A certificate of duty is an endorsement in the approved form by the Commissioner of State Revenue that a dutiable transaction has been assessed and paid.

    Once you print your certificate of duty, it must be attached to the relevant transaction record which has been assessed and paid.

    I have paid my duties assessment notice. Why can’t I print the certificate?

    Where a transaction involves land and the purchaser/transferee is an individual or company, a date of birth or ACN must be provided before the certificate of duty can be printed. When you receive notification your certificate of duty is available to download, you will be prompted to enter your date of birth or ACN if you had not previously entered this when the documents were lodged.

      What is no double duty?

    A transaction to purchase property will often consist of multiple documents that are required to complete the acquisition. No double duty provides relief from duty in certain circumstances where the transaction involves multiple instruments separately liable to duty, such as where a transfer of land is said to be in conformity with a contract for sale, and means you are not paying duty on each instrument in relation to the same transaction.

    How do I request a ‘no double duty’ endorsement for a transfer of land or mining tenement transfer after I have electronically lodged the contract for sale?

    Select ‘Request for No Double Duty endorsement’ within the ‘Administrative requests’ panel. This will forward a request for State Revenue to review. Once the request has been approved by State Revenue, the no double duty certificate will be available for printing if the assessment has been paid.

    Back to top

    Reassessments and Refunds

    How can I apply for an exemption or concession if I have already electronically lodged the transaction?

    You can provide further information such as completed applications for exemptions or concessions by uploading the relevant form through a duties web enquiry.

    If a duties assessment notice has already been issued, you can upload information and completed application forms in the portal by selecting ‘Request for Reassessment’ in the ‘Duties Administrative Requests’ panel.

      How do I apply for a refund of duty paid?

    A refund of duty is generally available on certain exemptions or concessions becoming available after the payment of duty has occurred, such as the first home owner rate of duty and residential rate of duty.

    Where a transaction has previously been assessed and paid, you can apply for a reassessment and refund of duty by selecting ‘Request for Reassessment’ in the ‘Duties Administrative Requests’ panel in the portal. State Revenue will advise you if you are required you to provide the original endorsed transaction record for reassessment.

    Back to top